A Hearty and Healthy Side Dish/Snack
Our purple, red or orange little friends are not just a pretty root but rich in minerals such as iron and vitamins such as vitamin C and most importantly gut-healthy fibre. I bake sweet potatoes in bigger batches one evening and keep the rest in the fridge as they can be a great snack too. Very easy to make.
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 185c fan assisted or 200c without.
2. Scrub and rinse potatoes well and trim ends. Cut in half and slice each half into wedges. Not too chunky if you like them crispier.
3. Put them in a bowl and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle all the spices and use hands to rub spices in evenly. Lay on a baking tray (I like to line my tray with baking paper or foil) and place in the hot oven.
4. Bake for 30 minutes but check them half way and turn the paper around for more uniform color.
5. Take out of oven and enjoy. Voila!
A creamy avocado and yoghurt dip is very nice with these wedges.
Eat smart, Train smart :)